We are so excited to begin a new school year and this is the first Weatherford Schoolhouse Parent Newsletter of the new year. We feel honored that you have chosen The Schoolhouse as a starting place in your child’s education. There are many new and exciting activities that are being planned this school year. As always we want to keep you aware of upcoming information.
Please take advantage of our free Vision and Hearing screening for ages 4 & 5 year old students. The law requires us to have documentation for every 4 thru 6 year old that a vision and hearing screening was completed. Screening will take place at The Schoolhouse on September 16th. If you have had these screenings completed by a pediatrician, please send us a copy of the results for our files; otherwise, we urge you to have screenings done here. The Parker County Hospital District Outreach Program will be providing us with this service free of charge. A copy of the results will be sent home in your child’s folder. Please contact your teacher, or the front desk, if you have not received a permission form.
School pictures are to be taken in Schoolhouse uniform, either on Tuesday, September 22nd or Friday, September 25th depending on your class day. For those participating, please fill out your picture envelope and send it back as soon as possible. Money is due with the envelope.
- Please keep driveway clear at back of building for teacher parking.
- Tuition is due the 1st day of the month. Please write your child’s name in the memo section of your check. A late fee of $25.00 will be applied after the 10th.
- Please feel free to send your child any day of the week. Extended Care is from 11:30 to 5:30, Monday thru Friday. The cost is a flat fee of $10 per day. Lunch is at 11:30 a.m. If you are dropping off a lunch, please have it delivered to the front desk no later than 11:15. You will find a calendar of events and activities for the month on the back of each newsletter. Extended care is a wonderful opportunity to allow your child to meet new friends, take part in new games and activities, as well as take part in our character-building curriculum… “Learning How to be Responsible”.
STRETCH N GROW * MUSIC * COMPUTER
There are lots of extra programs going on in extended care. With the exception of our All Day Students – these activities are at an additional cost for part time students.
- Stretch N Grow – Physical Fitness Class- Tuesdays/Thursdays ($84.00 for the semester Sept.- Dec.)) Make checks payable to The Schoolhouse
- Computer – Wednesdays ($120 for the semester Sept.- Dec.)). All classes must be paid for in advance. There are no credits for missed classes. If you are interested, please make check payable to The Schoolhouse and turn it in at the front desk.
- Music – Mondays/Fridays ($75.00 for semester Sept.- Dec.) Classes are filling up! There are only two classes on each day. Make checks payable to Dr. Holly Hughes
Students who participate in any of these programs (Stretch N Grow/Computer/Music) will be required to stay for Extended Care on day of the program. This allows us to get a count for who will be attending the programs, as well as manage our group activities more efficiently. All children will be finished with these additional programs by 3:00 pm. You are always welcome to call to see if your child has finished his or her lesson. Times may vary depending upon class size.
All documents necessary to complete your child’s records, such as birth certificate, updated shot records and parent handbook acknowledgement forms, maybe handed in to the front desk.